December 5, 2009

Editorial Dressing

Okay, so when the LV bunny ears made the cross continental journey from catwalk to editorial to street I had a little bit of an inward debate and concluded that as far as editorial dressing goes, I could handle and accept this trend.

The term 'editorial dressing' coined (to my knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong) most notably by 4th and Bleeker model-blogger, Alexandra Spencer, is as straight foward as de-coding the ingenious naming behind peanut butter. It's the idea of bringing runway trends straight to the street - however styled as the trend would be in an avant garde editorial. Sometimes it works but sometimes (Read: most of the time) it doesn't, which brings me to the point of this post.

I can safely and confidently say that my most hated trend of 2009 is tarty, tacky and completely innapropriate regardless of your wealth, status or killer pins. I'm talking about the garter trend.

Kym Ellery made it look fabulous in her A Tribute to Doctor Strange collection and Prada epitomised it when heroically teamed with their fly-fishing worthy leather boots. This is all well and good, but when taken to the streets well, you only have to look so far as fad hungry celebrities to see the result.

Share

No comments: